The KTD2061Q/58Q/59Q/60Q are fully programmable current regulators for up to 12 RGB LED modules (36 LEDs total) for automotive applications. The devices are ideally powered from a supply rail in the 3V to 5V nominal range. Three 4-wire buses are multiplexed to reduce the pin-count and PCB traces to the LEDs.
The I2C control interface is used to set the LED color palette and then dynamically select the on/off status and color of each RGB module. For applications requiring more RGBs on one I2C bus, the KTD2061Q/58Q/59Q/60Q have different slave addresses.
36 independent fade-up/down engines are integrated for independent ramping of each LED’s current during on/off, brightness, and color transitions without software burden. The exponential current ramps provide visually pleasing fades with eight I2C programmable fade-rate settings. 3072-step fade resolution ensures ultrasmooth visual effects.
BrightExtendTM optionally reduces dropout when the input voltage is too low for the forward voltage of the LEDs, enabling battery-powered applications. Programmable CoolExtendTM prevents excessive heat by regulating die temperature when the input voltage, current settings, and/or ambient temperature are high. The KTD2061Q/58Q/59Q/60Q are packaged in RoHS and Green compliant 3mm x 3mm UQFN packages with 0.60mm maximum height.
For the industrial grade (-40°C to 85°C) version of this product, please visit the KTD2061/58/59/60.
- Drives up to 36 LEDs (12 RGBs)
- Multiplexed LED Current Driver Outputs
- Only 12 PCB Traces to the LEDs
- 23kHz MUX Frequency Prevents Audio Noise
- 14 Million Colors
- LED Current: 125µA to 24mA in 125µA Steps
- Night-Mode: 8µA to 1.5mA in 8µA Steps
- 5% Max. Current Accuracy & Matching
- 36 Independent Exponential Fade-Engines
- Ultra-Smooth 3072-Step Fade Resolution
- 3-bit Programmable Fade Rate
- Dramatically Reduces Software Complexity
- Patented (US Patent 8,482,216 B1) BrightExtend™ Technology
- Maintains Color-Accuracy and PSRR for Battery-Powered Applications with Low Vin
- Proprietary CoolExtend™ Technology
- 2-bit Programmable Max. Die-Temp Regulation
- 0.4µA Automatic Shutdown (Standby) Current
- 1MHz I2C Interface with Multiple Slave Addresses
- 2.5V to 5.5V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- -40°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range
- 20 pin UQFN 3x3mm (0.4mm pitch)
- AI Smart Speakers, Bluetooth / WiFi Loudspeakers
- Automotive Panel, Accent and Mood Lighting
- IoT, Gaming PC/Keyboards/Controllers/VR, Robots
|UQFN33-20||3.00mm x 3.00mm x 0.55mm||20||UAC|
|Vin (min)||Vin (max)||Vout (Min)||Vout (Max)||LED Channels||Current per Channel||No Load ICC – Enabled (mA)||No Load ICC – Shutdown (µA)|
|2.5V||5.5V||2.5V||5.5V||36||24mA||1.0mA Typ.||0.4 µATyp.|
|Package Outline Drawing||UQFN33-20 UAC POD|
|Part Number||Default I2C Slave Address||Marking||Operating Temperature||Package|
|KTD2061QGUAC-TR||0x68 default||NTYWZ aabbccc||-40°C to +85°C||UQFN33-20|
|KTD2058QGUAC-TR||0x69 alternate||PTYWZ aabbccc||-40°C to +85°C||UQFN33-20|
|KTD2059QGUAC-TR||0x6A alternate||PUYWZ aabbccc||-40°C to +85°C||UQFN33-20|
|KTD2060QGUAC-TR||0x6B alternate||PVYWZ aabbccc||-40°C to +85°C||UQFN33-20|
|Buy from Digi-Key|
|Buy from Mouser|