The KTS1640 and KTS1641 are low-resistance, electronically controlled load switches, with enhanced protection features, used to protect loads from abnormal power supply or load problems. Operating from a wide input supply voltage of between 6V and 40V, the KTS1640 and KTS1641 protect the system from reverse input supplies down to -28V.
Integrating two N-Channel MOSFETs, the device includes fixed over-voltage protection of 27V (KTS1640) or 20.3V (KTS1641) along with over-temperature protection with auto-retry. Following an over-voltage condition only, KTS1640 and KTS1641 will automatically resume operation, when the over-voltage condition is removed.
An ENABLE pin allows the MOSFET switch to be enabled or disabled, placing the device in a low current shutdown mode. System monitoring is provided by a fault FLAG.
To inform the system that the battery or power supply is connected, BDET mirrors the input voltage less the drop across the reverse battery protection MOSFET and sources up to a maximum of 120mA
Further protection includes over-temperature shutdown and the input pin is fully ESD protected to comply with the IEC61000-4-2 (Level 4) specification.
The KTS1640 and KTS1641 are packaged in an advanced, fully green compliant, TDFN44-12 package.
- Wide input operating range from 6V to 40V DC Input
- Low resistance MOSFET Switch typ. 41mΩ
- Reverse Battery Protection to -28V
- Fixed over-voltage protection
- Fixed: 27V ± 0.8V or 20.3V ± 0.8V
- Fast OVP response time typ. 360ns
- Continuous output current up to 6A
- Over-temperature Protection with Auto-Retry
- Open drain fault flag
- Shutdown pin with low shutdown current
- Voltage Input detection output
- Input ESD protection to IEC61000-4-2 (Level 4)
- Contact: ±8kV
- Air: ±15kV
- Other pins HBM: ±2kV
- Pb-free TDFN44-12 package
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature range
- Reverse Power Supply Protection
- Telecom/Server/Networking System
- Industrial and Medical Systems
- Portable Instrumentation
|TDFN44-12||4.00mm x 4.00mm||12||DV|
|Vin (min)||Vin (max)||ON Resistance (mΩ)||Max Current (A)||OVP Trip Point (V)||OVP Turn Off Response Time (ns)||IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (Air Discharge)||IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (Contact Discharge)|
|Package Outline Drawing||TDFN44-12 DV POD|
|KTS1640 User Manual|
|KTS1640 Quick Start Guide|
|KTS1640 Bill of Materials||XLSX|
|KTS1640 3D Board|
|Part Number||Marking||Operating Temperature||Package|
|KTS1640EDV-TR||LXYWZ||-40°C to +85°C||TDFN44-12|
|KTS1641EDV-TR||NAYWZ||-40°C to +85°C||TDFN44-12|
|Buy from Digi-Key|
|Buy from Mouser|