Wireless Charge Pads are now transitioning into mid-to-high end automobiles. Initially designed for consumer applications, these systems require protection from the harsh automotive environment, specifically reverse battery conditions.
Overvoltage and Surge Protection ICs
All ECUs in automotive environments are subject to extreme voltage variations and transients including reverse battery conditions. To protect these critical systems, input power supply protection is required.
- Overvoltage, and surge protected load switches protect battery charge management and operating circuits, by breaking the connection between the power source and the internal circuitry, in the event the device is connected to a faulty power source or subjected to an abnormal stress condition.
- Programmable and fixed overvoltage protection (OVP) shutdown thresholds.
- Input protection
- Wrong adapter up to +40V
- Reverse voltage down to -28V
- Transient voltage protection up to ±200V, compliant to IEC61000-4-2 (Level 4)
- ESD protection compliant to ±8kV contact, ±15kV air gap and ±2kV human body model.
- Single or dual devices with Uni or Bi-directional blocking
|KTS1640Q||Low Resistance Load Switch with OVP and Reverse Battery Protection|
|KTS1641Q||Low Resistance Load Switch with OVP and Reverse Battery Protection|
RGB LED Drivers
|KTD2041||9-Channel IR LED Driver with Buck Regulator and I2C Interface|