USB Type-C “Alt-Mode” to 3x DP1.4a or HDMI2.0b (DP++)/USB-A
Please visit KTM5030
for specific information regarding this product
The KTM50x0 is an advanced DisplayPort1.4a MST hub with an integrated USB type-C de-multiplexer, targeted primarily for Mobile Notebook accessory and display applications. This device functions as a multi-stream audio-video splitter and protocol converter with an HDCP1.x/ HDCP2.3 repeater supporting both compressed (DSC) and uncompressed AV streams.
KTM50x0 has a DP alt-mode capable USB Type-C Upstream Facing Port (UFP). The four high speed lanes of UFP can receive DP1.4a MST audio-video and USB3.2 Gen2 data streams simultaneously. The input lane mapping is flexible and meets standard DP or the USB Type-C connector with flip orientation requirements. The incoming DP and USB signals are de-multiplexed, retimed, and transmitted on the Downstream Facing Ports (DFP). The KTM50x0 consists of three AC coupled DP/DP++ or DC coupled HDMI/DVI DFPs, each with four high-speed lanes and one USB port with USB3.2 TX and RX pair. The Stream Routing Logic in KTM50x0 allows flexible routing of incoming DP MST stream converted into any combination of MST or SST streams on any of the DFP video ports with link rate and lane count change option. Also, the SST stream can be replicated on two or more DFP ports. In addition, the DP SST stream can be converted into a HDMI or DVI output (TMDS signal format).
The combo receiver in KTM50x0 supports all DP standard data rates up to HBR3 (8.1 Gbps/lane) and USB3.2 Gen1 (5.0 Gbps) and Gen2 (10.0 Gbps). The dual mode (DP++) transmitters support DP standard data rates up to 8.1 Gbps/lane and TMDS data rates up to 6.0 Gbps/lane.
- USB Type-C “Alt mode” compatible receiver / DP MST hub
- USB3.1 ESS GEN1/GEN2 Re-timer
- 5.0 Gbps/ 10.0 Gbps pairs
- DP1.4 RX PHY 1.62/2.7/5.4/8.1/Gbps/lane
- Triple DP++ TX PHY 1.62/2.7/5.4/8.1 Gbps/lane * 4 lanes each
- Video resolution up to
- 8Kp30Hz uncompressed
- 8Kp60Hz compressed.
- HDR Image processing (Static and Dynamic HDR)
- DP MST routing / DP MST-to-SST conversion / DP-to-HDMI conversion
- Display Stream Compression (DSC1.2) and Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Pixel format conversion and Chroma down sampling
- HDCP1.x/2.x repeater with embedded keys
- CEC Tunneling over AUX
- SPDIF / I2S 8Ch audio outputs
- Docking station
- MST video hub
- AR/VR, monitor
- Digital signage
- Daisy Chain Monitor
Typical Application Diagram