KTD2688 is the ideal power solution for high-power flash LEDs. It includes a highly integrated synchronous boost converter and two current sources, providing a very small total solution in portable application. It has both I2C interface and hardware STROBE/TORCH pins for maximum control flexibility. The two integrated current sources are independently controlled, their on/off conditions and current settings in Flash/Torch/IR modes can be programmed independently by the I2C interface. It also has three selectable input low voltage protection modes to prevent a system reset under low battery condition.
Various protection features are integrated into KTD2688, including cycle-by-cycle input current limit protection, output overvoltage protection, LED fault (open or short) protection, flash timeout protection and thermal shutdown protection.
KTD2688 is available in a RoHS and Green compliant 12-ball 1.30mm x 1.57mm WLCSP package with 0.4mm pitch.
- High efficiency synchronous boost converter with 2MHz/4MHz switching frequency option
- I2C interface programming and hardware STROBE/TORCH control
- Two-channel independent current sources
- LED1/LED2: Up to 1.5A
- Flash/Torch/IR modes
- Independent LED on/off and current settings
- Programmable ramp shape and time control
- Three input low voltage protection modes
- Torch currents up to 187.5mA (KTD2688) or 375mA (KTD2688A)
- Flash time-out protection up to 1.60s(KTD2688A)
- LED cathode ground connection for improved thermal dissipation
- LED open/short protection
- I2C fault read back
- RoHS and Green Compliant
- Smartphones and Tablets Camera Flash
- Digital Cameras
||1.30mm x 1.57mm x 0.62mm
||Max. Current per Channel
||-40°C to +85°C
||-40°C to +85°C