KTD2686 is the ideal power solution for high-power flash LEDs. It includes a highly integrated synchronous boost converter, two current sources and one current sink, providing a very small total solution in portable application. It has both I2C interface and hardware STROBE/TORCH pins for maximum control flexibility. The two integrated current sources and one current sink are independently controlled, their on/off conditions and current settings in Flash/Torch/IR modes can be programmed independently by the I2C interface. It also has three selectable input low voltage protection modes to prevent a system reset under low battery condition. Thermal regulation is also integrated to limit the IC temperature and continuously provide the maximum output current.
Various protection features are integrated into KTD2686, including cycle-by-cycle input current limit protection, output over-voltage protection, LED fault (open or short) protection, flash timeout protection and thermal shutdown protection.
KTD2686 is available in a RoHS and Green 12-ball 1.42mm x 1.66mm WLCSP package with 0.4mm pitch.
- High efficiency synchronous boost converter with 2MHz/4MHz switching frequency option
- I2C interface programming and hardware STROBE/TORCH control
- Two current sources and one current sink
- LED1: Up to 1.5A (7 bits)
- LED2: Up to 1.0A (6 bits)
- LED3: Up to 0.5A (6 bits)
- Flash/Torch/IR modes
- Independent LED on/off and current settings
- Programmable ramp shape and time control
- Three input low voltage protection modes
- Flash time-out protection up to 1.44s
- LED cathode ground connection for improved thermal dissipation (LED1/LED2)
- LED open/short protection
- I2C fault read back (I2C address = 0x63)
- Smartphones and Tablets Camera Flash
- Digital Cameras
||1.42mm x 1.66mm x 0.62mm
||Max. Current per Channel
||-40°C to +85°C